“Working Together Towards a Consistent Approach on Corporate Governance”
Date: 14 June 2004
Location: Paris, France
Host Institution: World Bank
The main objective of the conference was to discuss among DFIs the ways and means to develop consistent approach on corporate governance in the companies that DFIs finance and support in emerging markets.
- The decisions to develop a common approach on reviewing Corporate Governance risks in investee companies was taken.
- The DFIs Corporate Governance Working group was also developed and tasked to develop the common approach.
The participating Institutions of the conference include:
- ADB: Asian Development Bank
- COFIDES: Spain’s Agency for the Financing of Development
- EBRD: European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- EIB: European Investment Bank
- FMO: Dutch Development Bank
- IDB: Inter-American Development Bank
- IFU: Industrialization Fund for Developing Countries (Denmark)
- IoD: Institute of Directors (UK)
- JBIC: Japan Bank for International Cooperation
- NORFUND: Norwegian Investment Find for Developing Countries
- OECD: Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development